Captain Flynn Smith's ( Awarded teacher of the year ) detailed explanations and over 30 years of experience on the subjects
- We give an Expert Classroom Review with professional USCG, NMC licensed instructors the day of the Final Exam prior to testing to ensure success on the Exam
- Expert assistance on your USCG Captains License Paperwork. We pride ourselves on making sure your USCG paperwork is done professionally, and Fast. Our job isn't done until you have your USCG captains license in your hand.
- One year's access to our 24/7 Online USCG 25 / 50 / 100 Ton Masters Captain's License Upgrade Course packed with video, audio lecture, practical exercises, diagrams, and Interactive practice quizzes to get you ready for the final exam.
- A seat in one of our USCG approved exam centers
- Access to our telephone and email support with USCG, NMC licensed instructors
- No hidden fees
Seamanship - Time: 9.5
Ship’s Construction, Trim and Stability - Time: 4 hours
Safety - Time: 6 hours
Ship’s Business and Maritime Law - Time: 4.5 hours
Final Review - Preparation for the proctored final exam.
Total Masters Course Time: 24 hours
Masters Captains License Requirements
The 25 / 50 / 100 Ton Master Upgrade course provides an opportunity for the holder of an OUPV Captain's license to raise their grade to a Master-level license. The 25 / 50 / 100 Ton Master Upgrade allows the holder to operate inspected vessels as well as uninspected vessels. The 25 / 50 / 100 Ton Master License is required by the USCG for any inspected vessel certified to carry more than six paying passengers. Such vessels would include headboats, assistance towboats, large passenger capacity tour boats, etc.
Master Upgrades are tonnage-rated at 25 GT, 50 GT, or 100 GT if all time is on vessels 16 tons or less – 25 ton license; To receive a 50 ton limitation you need either 360 days on vessels of 17 GRT or higher, OR 180 days on vessels of 26 GRT or higher. If 360 days are on vessels over 34 tons or 180 on vessels over 50 tons – 100 ton license. Time served in obtaining your OUPV License may be applied to these requirements for the Master Upgrade. .
Master Near Coastal: 720 days underway experience since age 15. Ninety of those 720 days are required in the last three years, with 360 of those 720 days outside the boundary lines. (ex ocean) Completion of the USCG-approved Master course and test.
Additional Masters Requirements
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential ( TWIC Card )
- Minimum age: 19 years old
- A Physical if more than three years has elapsed since the last exam
- A Drug Test unless enrolled in a USCG-required random drug program for at least 60 of the last 185 days, and with no failure or refusal to participate in a chemical test for dangerous drugs
- U.S. Citizenship
- Completion of Captains Marine Onlines USCG-approved OUPV Upgrade to Master online course
Upon successful completion Captains Marine Onlines program and passing the proctored multiple choice test, the student receives a certificate of completion which the U.S. Coast Guard will accept in lieu of taking their exam.
Note: As you gain experience on larger vessels, tonnage ratings can be increased up to 100 tons without re-testing